Saturday, March 6, 2010

Acute hearing loss| wired for sound


Hi there!

I guess it's time to update this blog again. Now I'd have the time and I cannot do anything else so...

Where do I begin? I hope some of you will find this interesting. I will try to keep this blog active and share my new journey into hearing. I just started with a new job and all of a sudden I got this acute hearing loss. I had one two years ago and got a hearing aid and was able to hear quite well. NOW even with my hearing aid I cannot hear so well. It's set up so loud that I already feel the vibration in my ear drums which isn't good but otherwise I cannot hear. I mean even this way it's hard to follow a conversation. I really have to concentrate a lot to comprehend. This really sucks. I know it's not the end of the world but when you got used to hear it's hard...

It's my 6th day since I lost my hearing overnight and I constantly hear this rushing noise in my ear. It's driving my crazy. It's only me who can hear it. Since Thursday I'm not on medication anymore and not on infusion either, so I'm at home & have to rest. I'll have a couple of check-ups in the next few weeks, those so-called pre check-ups for the cochlear implant. I'm really scared...

I know it will help me to hear again but I haven't thought that I'd really need it one day. :S
Don't know what else to say but I finally found the bug to write again :)

Will write very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to say about that post feel free to share it with me. I love to hear from my readers! Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...