Saturday, October 22, 2011

Writing software during NANOWRIMO

Hello there!


Nanowrimo starts in less then two weeks ... I am in preparation but end up procrastinating ... :) Here is a software I came across, called WriteRoom for Mac! 




I like this software and will try to use it during Nanowrimo.


If you want go get it yourself too, here is the link:
http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/writeroom


Try it and let me know if you like it! I have the sound installed like a typewriter. If you have a Mac you can fix that immediately. I will show you in the next steps how to do that. It's very easy. First I had no idea and seached the net, then I messed something up with my computer and then after half an hour of headache etc. I fixed it again. Be careful how you set your *keyboard sensitivity* as you don't want a delay while typing... and to have to wait 5 seconds till your word appears on the screen after typing that letter.... or worse that you have to press long enough till it shows... well all this I fixed. If you want to try it, read on :)




Ok I must admit I feel really silly... and I cannot find it where to do those settings and my computer is in German... so um... crap LOL but if you can find that window then you are on the right way :) You can to click that very last square on the top right "TON AUS" then you will hear a sound while typing.




Then with the keyboard, you have to turn the little arrow at the top bottom to the far right "Ansprechverzögerung" or it will take you ages till your keyboard reacts to your typing.


I hope this somehow makes sense.. if not let me know and I'll try to explain it to you again.


So yeah, with this I am going to write and I can already tell you the sound gets on my goat :P but the good thing is that I can always turn the volume of my speaker down. I do not have to listen to it if I don't want. OR I can simply take off my speech processor as I have a Cochlear Implant and without I cannot hear. So have an advantage :)


I will get back to you all soon,
Thank you for reading,

Your bionic PoetryGirl






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to say about that post feel free to share it with me. I love to hear from my readers! Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...